PowerChart is the electronic medical record used at all IU Health inpatient and outpatient health care facilities and most IUHP physician practices.
Cerner PowerTrials/OnCore RPE
PowerTrials consists of two applications that receive protocol and subject information from OnCore via an interface called RPE (Retrieve Protocol for Execution). This information enhances patient safety by alerting IU Health clinicians that their patient is also a subject in a clinical trial by adding a notification to the banner bar in PowerChart.
Research coordinators receive immediate notification through the message center in PowerChart whenever a study subject presents to any IU Health facility for an inpatient, outpatient, or ED visit.
PowerTrials also has the capability to prescreen the IU Health patient population against study inclusion and exclusion criteria represented by discrete data fields in PowerChart.
- OnCore to PowerTrials Process - Cancer Center
- OnCore to PowerTrials Process - Non-Cancer Center
- Research Overview - PowerTrials & Related Research Processes
- Research Viewpoint Resource Aid
- Verify Study Subject in OnCore Matches Patient Information in Cerner
Log in to Sharepoint for access to these Documents: